This site is a collaborative effort of phpList users to provide documentation for phpList and the team. If you do not know what phplist is, first read the Introduction and the feature list.
If you are new to the wiki software used for this documentation site, please go to the SandBox and experiment freely. You will first need to register by clicking on the Login/Register link at the top of this page (this is a different login from the one you use in the phpList forum). Fill in all the registration fields and click "Register". Then go to the SandBox, click "Edit page" at the bottom, and try your hand. See WikiInstructions for more details.
Step by step installation procedure and tips. Some knowledge of Windows or *nix systems is required.
- Installing phpList (creating the database, uploading files)
- Post-install configuration (options found in config.php file, tunes phpList's performance and features)
- Settings for database connection & web pages
- Settings for handling bounces
- Setting the Send Speed (Rate)
- Other configuration options
- Setting Up For Use (adding Lists and Users; readying for launch)
- Preflight Checklist (items to check before your first mailing)
- FAQ (answers to common questions)
- Troubleshooting (answers to common warning and error messages)
- Securing phpList
Detailed documentation on how phplist works once it is properly installed.
- Basic phpList Concepts (a primer on how phpList organizes Lists and Email Addresses)
- Configuration Functions
- List and User Functions
- Message Functions
- Send a message
- Process the Message Queue
- List all messages
- Message templates
- Using placeholders
- Message Forwarding
- Message Repetition
- Message Statistics
- Message tracking
- Administrator functions
- Creating/editing admins
- Admin permissions
- Admin attributes
- Import admins
- Setup a Cron Job
- RSS Functions
- System Functions
- HTML Editors
- Phplist Hacks
- Phplist Translation
Please do NOT use this wiki if you experience problems with your system. Please use the phplist Forums instead. This wiki is meant to provide simple documentation on how phpList works (not on why it doesn't work), as well as a place for phpList developers to discuss new features.
Bugs can be reported on mantis bug tracker. If you are not already doing so, please test the bug with the latest version of phpList or check the Change Log as it may have already been fixed.
phpList Development: Documentation on the setup of phplist code and how you can contribute to it.
Includes: Add-ons, MODs, Editors, Translation of phplist, etc.
Proposals for new features and modifications can be found in the phpList Development Category.
If you like phplist and wish to contribute to this project make a donation.