The reconcile users link give you the option to keep your users database clean.
By going to the main page of you phplist installation and selecting 'List and user functions' -- 'Reconcile users' you will find the following options, which mostly speak for themselves.
- Delete all users who are not subscribed to any list: This will completely delete the users that are not members of any list.
- Find users who have an invalid email: This will display the invalid ones.
- Make sure that all the users have a uniqID: This will create unique IDs for all users who do not have one.
- Mark all users with an invalid email as unconfirmed: This will unconfirm the users with an invalid email.
- Delete users who have an invalid email: This will completely delete those users.
- Mark all users to receive HTML: This will mark ALL the users of ALL lists to receive messages in HTML format.
- Mark all users to receive Text: The same but with messages in text format.
- Mark all users confirm: This will confirm ALL users of ALL lists.
- Try to (automatically) fix email for users who have an invalid email: This will search for users with invalid email addresses and try to fix them.
- Remove stale entries from the database: This will clean up some user tables and remove invalid entries from the database.
- Merge duplicate users: This will try to merge duplicate users.
You will find some additional options towards the bottom end of the page:
- Move all users who are not subscribed to any list to a list of your choice
- Delete all users with more than X bounces. Note: this will use the total count of bounces on a user, not consecutive bounces
- Resend the request for confirmation to users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription You can specify a date range and a text to prepend to the confirmation request message.
- Delete users who signed up and have not confirmed their subscription. You can specify a date range.
phplist Documentation pages